Connect a device to WiFi - Windows 8 PC
Connecting my Windows 8 PC
Follow the steps below to connect your Windows 8 PC to your broadband.
Connect using WiFi
- Move your mouse pointer to the top right of your screen to bring up the Charm Bar.
- Select Settings.
- Select either Network or Available, depending on what option you see.
- Select your wireless network name from the list.
- Tick Connect automatically and then click Connect.
- Enter your W-Fi password.
Remember: you can find your wireless network name and password on the sticker on the back of your router.
- Finally, select whether or not you want to turn on sharing.
- You should now see a Connected status next to your wireless network name.
Connect with an Ethernet cable
If your computer is next to your router, you may want to set up a wired connection. Connecting with an Ethernet cable can offer a slightly faster and more stable connection.
- Turn off your computer.
- Plug one end of the yellow Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port on the side or back of your computer.
- Plug the other end of the Ethernet cable into any of the yellow ports on the back of your router. You should hear a click as it locks into place.
- Restart your computer and open your web browser. You should now be connected to the internet.