The Group Paging service allows a user to set up a one-way call to a group of up to 75 target users by dialling a number or extension. The Group Paging service makes a simultaneous call to all the assigned targets and announces to the originator that the system is ready for paging. After speaking, the originator ends the page by hanging up the call.
The site administrator must configure both the targets/recipients of a page and define the list of users that are eligible to receive the page. This configuration is performed in the My Site dashboard for the site where the Group Page is assigned. Configurable options include:
- Assigning the Number and Extension for the Group Paging Service.
- Group Page Name for easy identification in the dashboard.
- First Name and Last Name for the Group Paging Caller ID and Enterprise directory listing.
- The Caller ID Label Option - The number that a target receives when the page is initiated. This can be set to either the number for the Paging Group or the actual originator of the page.
- Paging Targets - The list of targets for the page. The maximum number of targets for a single paging group is 75 targets. The eligible targets are any user within the Enterprise. External numbers or other group services, such as Auto Attendants or Hunt Groups, cannot be assigned as paging targets.
- Paging Originators - The list of originators for the page. Any user within the Enterprise can be assigned as an originator of a paging group. External numbers and other group services, such as Auto Attendants or Hunt Groups, cannot be assigned as Paging Originators.
2. Feature Prerequisites
2.1 Before the Group Paging service can be used the following conditions must be met:
- A DID must be assigned to the Group Paging service and active
- The service must be activated
- At least one Paging Target must be assigned
- At least one Paging Originator must be assigned
2.2 Group Paging Business Rules and Feature Interaction:
- A user can be assigned as both a Paging Target and Paging Originator in a Paging Group.
- A site can have multiple Group Paging services configured. As user can be defined as a Paging Originator and/or a Paging Target in multiple Paging Groups.
- A maximum 75 users can be assigned to a paging target group. Note the impact of large paging groups on bandwidth and call path consumption. Each leg of a page consumes up to 80 kbps bandwidth and a call path (for Hosted PRI site types).
- If a user is not on the phone, the call from a Group Page will be auto-answered and the target will hear a "Paging" announcement to alert them they are receiving a page.
- If a target is on a call, the page is not auto answered. If a target chooses not to answer the page, the Group Paging call will not forward to the target's voicemail.
- If a target has Do Not Disturb enabled on their phone, they will not be called by the Group Paging service.
- Redirection of a Group Paging call is disabled. If a target has Call Forwarding services enabled, the Group Paging call will not forward to the configured Call Forwarding destination.
- If a target has Office Anywhere or Simultaneous Ring enabled, the configured destination service will not be called by the Group Paging service.
- When the page is set-up to the targets, the originator will receive a "Paging System Ready" announcement alerting them to begin speaking.
- The Group Page is a one-way audio service, meaning that the Paging Originator has a one-way talk path to the Paging Targets. The Paging Targets do not have a talk path to each other or to the Paging Originator for the duration of the page.
3. Log into the Portal
After entering the Service Provider URL in a browser, the Sign In window appears.
Figure 1 - Sign In Box
Click here to go straight to the login page. Enter the Username and Password. These credentials are sent via email when the Customer or Site Administrators are set up through the order process or in the Portal.
4. Go to the Services tab
Figure 2 - Services Menu
4.1 Select Services in the left hand navigation menu
4.2 Select “Group Paging” in the Productivity Services section
Hit the Group Paging box to open the window for set-up and editing.
5. Feature Setup
Prior to using the Group Paging feature, the Site administrator must set it on. Once logged into the portal, simply follow the steps detailed below.
The Group Paging lead phone number is configured during the provisioning process. These configuration steps add/remove the users and define the settings for each Paging Group.
Figure 3 - Group Paging Edit Selection
5.1 Enable/Disable Group Paging
Click on the box in the Status column to change to enable or disable a Paging group.
- When enabled, it shows as On and calls to the number will be auto answered.
- When disabled, it shows Off, and calls to the number will hear busy tone.
5.2 Select the Paging Group to Configure
Select the Paging Group to be configured. If you have a large list of them, you can also use the search tool at the top of the page.
5.2.1 Click the Edit button to open the configuration window
5.3 Configure the Paging Group
Figure 4 - Group Paging Configuration
Note: The Save button at the bottom of the screen must be clicked to save any configuration changes.
5.3.1 Top Dropdown box
The top label will show Paging Group being edited.
- Phone Number – shows the lead number assigned to this Group Page. To change the lead number you must unassign it first in the Assignments/List By Number
- Name – Enter or update a name label for this Paging Group which will be shown in the Group Paging list. The default name is the lead number assigned in the Provisioning process.
- Extension- the extension assigned to the Paging Group which can be dialled by users within the Enterprise.
- First Name – The Caller ID first name. This will show on target user’s phones when a group page is performed if the Paging Group ID is selected as the Caller ID label option below. The default is the lead phone number.
- Last Name - The Caller ID last name. This will show on target user’s phones when a group page is performed if the Paging Group ID is selected as the Caller ID label option below. The default is “GP”.
- Caller ID Label
This determines what caller ID is shown on the paging target user’s phone when a group page is performed.
- Paging Group ID – Shows the Caller ID name
- Page Originator – Displays the Caller ID name and number of the user who originates the page
5.3.3 More Options
Figure 5 - Group Paging Assignments
- Paging Targets
This configures the users who are allows to receive group pages.
- Available – Shows the list of users which are available to be assigned to a paging group.
- Assigned – Displays the list of users which may receive group pages.
- Paging Originators
Designates which users are allowed to originate group pages.
- Available – Shows the list of users which are available to be assigned to a originate calls to a paging group.
- Assigned – Displays the list of users which may originate group pages.
Copyright© 2016 BroadSoft, Inc.
All rights reserved.
Any technical documentation that is made available by BroadSoft, Inc. is proprietary and confidential and is considered the copyrighted work of BroadSoft, Inc.
This publication is for distribution under BroadSoft non-disclosure agreement only. No part of this publication may be duplicated without the express written permission of BroadSoft, Inc., 9737 Washingtonian Boulevard, Suite 350, Gaithersburg, MD 20878.
BroadSoft reserves the right to make changes without prior notice.
Any product names mentioned in this document may be trademarks or registered trademarks of BroadSoft or their respective companies and are hereby acknowledged.
This document is printed in the United States of America.