Group Call Pickup enables a user to answer any ringing line within their pickup group. A pickup group is a group administrator-defined set of users within a Site, to which the Call Pickup feature applies.
The Group Call Pickup feature requires Call Pickup groups to be added, modified, and removed as well as assigning specific users to that pickup group.
2. Feature Prerequisites/Restrictions
2.1 Before the Call Pickup service can be used the following conditions must be met:
- Group Call Pickup is a Site level feature which included in all Hosted PBX and PRI station packages, no order is required.
- Valid Call Pickup station types are Premium User, Standard User, Basic User, Hosted Square Key, and Hosted PRI.
- A user can only be assigned to one Call Pickup group.
- A Call Pickup group may only have assigned users from same Site.
- A Site may have multiple Call Pickup groups.
- Call Pickup Group names must be unique.
- Assigning a user to a Call Pickup group removes the Barge-in restriction if enabled for that user.
3. Log into the Portal
After entering the Service Provider URL in a browser, the Sign In window appears.
Figure 1 - Sign In Screen
Click here to go straight to the login page. Enter the Username and Password. These credentials are sent via email when the Customer or Site Administrators are set up through the order process or in the Portal.
4. Go to the Services tab
Figure 2 - Services Tab
4.1 Select Services in the left hand navigation menu
4.2 Select Call Pickup in the Call Routing section
Hit the Call Pickup button to open the Call Pickup window for set-up and editing.
4.3 Select the Site
Figure 3 - Site Selection
Choose a Site from the drop down list and hit “Apply”
5. Feature Setup
Prior to using the Call Pickup feature, the Site administrator must set it up. Once logged into the portal, simply follow the steps detailed below.
Figure 4 - Call Pickup Group List
5.1 Add a Call Pickup Group
- Hit the “Add” button
Figure 5 - Add Call Pickup Group
- Group Name – Enter a name to define the group being created. This is a required field. It will be used to identify the Group in the list of Groups.
Note: The “Save” button must be hit after the Group Name is entered before the Available User list is populated.
5.2 Add Users
Figure 6 - Call Pickup Users List
- Select users from the Available User List. This is a list of eligible and available users in the Site which may be put into a Call Pickup Group.
- Select a user in the Available list by checking the box to the left of the user. Select all by checking the box at the top of the column or select users individually. When all desired users are selected, hit the arrow button to add them to the Assigned list.
- Hit “Save” to keep the changes.
5.3 Edit a Call Pickup Group
Select the Pickup Group to be configured. If you have a large list of them, you can scroll through the pages or you can also use the search tool at the top of the page.
The number of groups that display in the list page may be changed to 10, 25, 50, or 100 to help find a specific group to edit.
- Click the Edit button to open the configuration window
- Group Name –Update the name label if desired for this Pickup Group. The default name is the lead number assigned in the Provisioning process.
- Modify Assigned Users
- Add additional users as described in Section 5.2 above.
- To remove users from the group, select the desired users from the Assigned list by checking the box to the left of their name.
- When all desired users have been selected, hit the arrow button to remove them from the group.
- Hit “Save” to keep all changes.
Copyright© 2016 BroadSoft, Inc.
All rights reserved.
Any technical documentation that is made available by BroadSoft, Inc. is proprietary and confidential and is considered the copyrighted work of BroadSoft, Inc.
This publication is for distribution under BroadSoft non-disclosure agreement only. No part of this publication may be duplicated without the express written permission of BroadSoft, Inc., 9737 Washingtonian Boulevard, Suite 350, Gaithersburg, MD 20878.
BroadSoft reserves the right to make changes without prior notice.
Any product names mentioned in this document may be trademarks or registered trademarks of BroadSoft or their respective companies and are hereby acknowledged.
This document is printed in the United States of America.