The bOnline Cloud Phone Portal offers an enhanced presentation for Customer Administrators to manage multi-site enterprises. It provides a simple dashboard view to see aggregated call activity and quick overview of inventory information across the enterprise. It also provides easy to use tools to view and manage site and user based features and services. Plus, a Service Assurance section gives an indication of call quality at each site which can be used for proactive management to find and fix issues before they are severe.
The portal is designed to be compatible with multiple device formats such as a computer screen, mobile device or tablet device. Screen sizes and layouts will auto adjust depending on the device.
This overview will give details of use and functionality of each of section in the portal so that it may be used to its full capabilities.
This portal is designed to be compatible with multiple device formats such as computers, tablets and smartphones. With this capability, screens will automatically adjust to the screen format by changing panel positions and sizes to best fit the display providing an easy to use portal whether you’re in the office or on the go.
2. Sign in the Portal
After entering the Service Provider URL in a browser, the Sign In window appears.
Figure 1 - Sign In Screen
Click here to go straight to the login page. Enter the Username and Password. These credentials are sent via email when the Customer or Site Administrators are set up through the order process or in the Portal.
The Dashboard is the landing page and gives an enterprise wide view of call activity, inventory and call quality.
Figure 2 – bOnline Cloud Phone Portal Home Screen
3.1 Banner Bar
- Logo – The Service Provider’s logo. Based on the image uploaded in the BroadCloud Service Provider portal Branding page. For best appearance, the image should be sized with an aspect ratio of 4 (width/height). The uploaded image will be resized to 200px (width) by 50px (height) for display in the portal.
- Site Selection – The site selection dropdown box allows a view of information to be restricted to a single site or all customer sites. All Sites is the default. To choose a specific site, click the box and select a specific site from the dropdown list. A search function is provided.
When a single site is selected the following functions will show information for only that site: Assignments, Services, Analytics, and Hospitality and SIP Trunking, and Notes.
The Notes page requires that a Site be selected. All Sites is not a valid option.
- Customer Admin Profile
- My Profile - Shows the contact, address and user name information of the administration which is signed in. Also allows for the updating of the contact information and changing the admin’s password.
- Login Details – Displays the User Name of the administrator which is signed in. The admin’s password may be changed from this screen by entering and re-entering (confirming) a new password then hitting “Save”.
- Company Information
- Company Profile – Shows Company level information such as the Account Details, Address, Main Contact and Technical contact.
- Manage Administrators – Allows for the creation and management of other administrators which may be restricted to certain Sites or sections of the Portal.
- Orders – Shows a list of all orders entered for the Company consisting of completed, cancelled and in-process orders. Each order can be viewed in detail. The list also indicates orders that need to be “accepted” electronically in the portal. These orders are stalled until accepted.
- My Account – This link opens a new tab to the legacy My Account login screen. It is provided so the My Account portal may be used to do tasks in a more familiar manner.
- Documentation - Provides a link to Service Provider documentation. The URL for the link is entered in the BroadCloud Service Provider portal Branding page.
- Send Feedback
- Language – Allows for the selection of a language for
- Quick Links
- Provides direct links to pages of the portal for frequently used actions.
3.2 Left Hand Navigation
The left hand menu provides the navigation to other section of the portal. This section is collapsible and may be minimised by hitting the left arrow at the bottom of the menu items which provides a larger space for viewing the main screen.
- Dashboard – this is the landing page for the initial log-in to the portal. This menu item is used to return to the Dashboard when in other sections of the portal.
- Hospitality – Only visible for Enterprises with Hospitality sites. Provides a view and management tools for Hospitality specific features and services.
- SIP Trunking - Only visible for Enterprises with SIP Trunking sites. Provides a view and management tools for SIP Trunking specific features and services.
- Assignments – The Assignments section provides a view to see Telephone Numbers, Devices, Services, and User. It provides a listing by Number, Devices, Services, and Users and shows useful commonly need information for each item. Each list can be searched for a single item or a group of items. Also, options are available for some items which allow management capability to add, change or remove certain service or features.
Other capabilities are the list export, Station Inventory view/export and a bulk change tool.
- Services – Use this section to view and configure group level services.
- Analytics – A tool to view and report on call traffic at the Enterprise or Site level. Report controls allow the filtering of data to meet specific needs. A graph view showing call quantity and minutes by day as well as a listing of call detail is provided. These views may be filtered by call types and a date range to provide more specific reporting.
Other provided quick views are the Type report and the Top 10 report.
- Reports – The Reporting tab which will provide usage reports on Call Queue and Automated Attendant.
- Call Recording – Only visible if Call Recording has been ordered and provisioned on a Site. It provides a portal to view and manage the Call Recording service. A specific Call Recording dashboard provides a snapshot current call recording activity and some recent historical information. Recordings can be viewed and downloaded as well as configuring alerts to be emailed for specific call events which may trigger a recording.
- Notes – Notes allow communication of information between customer administrators in the Portal. Expected uses include the providing status of new or deleted users, order information.
- Profile – Provides Site specific information such as Site contact information, Service Provider specific customer identifiers, Site telephone numbers, telephone number types, and directory listings. This is also the tab to create and submit orders to change the main number, change telephone number types, and change directory listings.
3.3 Analytics Frame
Figure 3 – Analytics Frame
This frame shows date for an entire Enterprise or for a specific site as selected in the Site Selection drop down. Also, the date range for the Call Summary and Graph can be changed from Today which is the default to the last 7 days or last 30 days. The current date is included in all the options.
- Call Summary Section – A quick summarised look at the number of calls and minutes in total for a given time period. Further details are provided by showing Call Type comparisons in calls and minutes for Inbound/Outbound, On-net/Off-net, and Long Distance/International.
- The Call History Graph shows a line graph representation of the summarised call history in minutes and number of calls. If Today is the time period chosen, an hourly summary of call and minutes is provided. If the 7 or 30 days is chosen, the chart shows daily summarised data.
3.1.1 Inventory Frame
This frame shows data for an entire Enterprise or for a specific site as selected in the Site Selection drop down.
Figure 4 - Inventory Dashboard
- Stations – Displays the quantity of assigned Stations on the Site.
- Devices – Shows the total number of hardware devices which either have been purchased or manually added to a site.
- Services – The count of Group Services provisioned on the Site.
- Numbers – The quantity of telephone numbers active and provisioned at a Site.
- Users – This is a count of the number of telephone numbers which have been configured with a Station and User information.
- Open Orders – the number of orders that have been placed for a Site or Enterprise that have not been completed.
An option exists in each Inventory type box for View All. When clicked, the portal is opened to the appropriate screen in the Assignments or Account view showing the details for each Inventory overview section.
3.4 Service Assurance Frame
3.4.1 PacketSmart Portal
Note: The PacketSmart portal must be populated with the BroadCloud Customer and Site ID for the PacketSmart devices to be recognised by the Enterprise Portal.
Enter Customer Id
Figure 5 - PacketSmart Portal Customer ID
Enter Site ID
Figure 6 - PacketSmart Portal Site ID
If the devices are not recognised by the Enterprise Portal, go the PacketSmart Portal and ensure the Customer ID and Site ID fields are populated. If they aren’t, fill them in.
3.4.2 Status Indicators
Figure 7 - Service Assurance (Good Site) Figure 8 - Service Assurance (Problem Site)
Figure 9 - Service Assurance Color Parameters
The Service Assurance frame provides a high-level quick view of the call quality across all Company Sites as well as each Site with an installed PacketSmart device. Sites boxes are colored green, orange orred to allow a focus on red or orange sites which may give an indication that there are call quality issues that need to be investigated. In many cases, this will provide a tool to be proactive to find and fix problems before users report issues.
A Site with an installed PacketSmart device will display a status regardless of the status of other Sites. A site with an installed device that is not communicating with the PacketSmart server will show as offline.
When a Site does not have a PacketSmart device or the Enterprise Portal cannot detect a device at one or more Sites, the following message is displayed when on the All Sites view. This message will not be displayed if all Sites have an installed PacketSmart device and the PacketSmart portal is properly configured with the Customer and Site IDs for each.
Figure 10 – Service Assurance All Sites No Device Message
Sites without an installed device or does not the Customer and Site IDs configured in the PacketSmart portal will show this message the Site navigation is on a specific Site.
Figure 11 - Service Assurance Site Level Message
The Assignments tab is where you find a listing of Telephone Numbers, Devices, Services and Users. Beyond seeing the inventory of these elements, this tab provides the ability to configure, edit and delete features and settings.
Figure 12 - Assignments Screen
4.1 List by Number
Displays all Telephone Numbers provisioned on the Enterprise or Site. From here you can assign/un-assign the numbers to station types, physical devices, and enter user information.
4.2 List by Device
Shows the inventory of physical devices such as phones which have been added to the site through orders or manually from this tab. Management capabilities in this area are the assignment/de-assignment of lines, changing line order on a device, seeing the device status, rebooting the device, and removing the device.
4.3 List by Service
Provides a list of Services provisioned at the Site or Enterprise level and the phone number to which they are assigned. Services are group features like Automated Attendant, Hunt Group, Call Queue, Music on Hold, etc). In this area, some Service configuration is available.
4.4 List by User
List all users which are assigned to phone numbers which have been assigned a Station Type. It also provides the place to enter and edit user level features which can be assigned, removed, or configured for each user.
The Services tab provides a listing of all Services which have been included in the Site package or purchased by the customer. This list will reflect the Site selection showing Services for all Sites or for only a specific Site.
Each individual Service is listed and provides a way to perform initial setup, view the current configuration as well modifying the settings. See the Configuration Guide for each Service for detailed set up information.
Figure 13 - Services Screen
5.1 Call Routing
These Services determine where, when and how calls are answered. Calls can be sent to individual users with Automated Attendant or Call Park or groups of users with Hunt Group, Call Queue, and Call Center.
Includes Automated Attendant, Hunt Group, Call Queue, Call Center, Call Park and Call Pick-up.
5.2 Site Package Settings
This section lists the provisioned Services that may be used by or affect all users on a Site. These include Scheduling, Voice Portal, Office Anywhere, Music On Hold and Outbound Calling. Opening a Service allows the management of the service for the initial configuration or changes required for the Site.
5.3 Productivity Services
Productivity Services are mostly optional services which provide specific enhanced functionality for site users. You’ll only see the services which are purchased and provisioned on the Site including Hosted Square Key, Meet Me Conferencing, Receptionist Client, Group Paging, and Series Completion.
Group Paging is included with most Site packages so will appear for most Customers. Series Completion is a feature available for only the Hosted POTS line stations if purchased and provisioned on the Site.
5.4 Toolbox (future)
The Toolbox section is only visible to Service Provider administrators who navigate to the Portal via the Customer Service Tool in the Service Provider portal. It provides access to the VPN configuration information, assignment of VLAN tags to devices and the configuration of Site and User Intercepts if required.
This section shows call activity at an Enterprise or Site level and provides tools to quickly and easily sort and view calls by several types.
Figure 14 - Analytics Screen
Figure 15 - Analytics Graph
The Graph charts the number of calls and minutes based on the filter selection. It also shows a comparison to the previous period. The default setting is all calls for the current day for either the Enterprise or Site as selected.
6.2 Call Record Detail List
Figure 16 - Call Detail List
The default view of this section shows call detail based on the Enterprise or Site selection and the configured Search filter above.
6.3 Call Record Type Summary
Figure 17 - Call Type Summary
The Type report displays an overview of calls and minutes summarised by multiple call Types. The report also shows a percent of total for certain categories.
6.4 Top 10
Figure 18 - Top 10 Report
The Top 10 report shows up to 10 phone numbers or destinations with the most calls or minutes based on the criteria selected.
The Reports tab provides usage reporting on the Automated Attendant and Call Queue services that give valuable information on the operations of the Enterprise.
Figure 19 - Reports Filter
See the Portal Reports Guide for detailed information.
Figure 20 - Notes Screen
Notes provide customer administrators the ability to enter and share information about Site configuration, features or users. Examples of notes may be the date a new user needs to be activated or to deactivate an existing user, indicate a change is needed to the Automated Attendant or Hunt Group, or a reminder to check that a certain Holiday is configured on the schedule.
Private notes (future), which are only visible to Service Providers, may also be entered. Only Service Provider administrators entering this Portal through the Customer Service Tool are able to create and view Private notes.
9. Site profile
Figure 21 - Site Profile Screen
The Profile tab shows Site specific information such as the Site Contact details, Service Provider defined site specific custom fields, and a list of telephone number on the Site. This tab also allows for management of telephone number types and directory listings by generating orders when a number is upgraded or downgraded or when a directory listing is changed, added or removed.
9.1 Contact Info
Displays the Site information including site type, contact name, address, phone number, fax number and email.
9.2 Additional Info
This tab contains the Service Provider Site-specific brandable fields. These are only visible if configured by the Service Provider in the Service Provider portal and set as viewable.
9.3 My Numbers
Lists the telephone numbers provisioned on the Site as well as number type, configured name, station type, and address. This tab also provides the ability to change the main number of the Site through the submission of an order.
Provides the ability to change phone number types. When a change is submitted, an order is created which is worked through the Service Provider’s provisioning process. During the provisioning process, both BroadCloud and the PSTN provider’s system is updated to reflect the new number type.
- Upgrade one-way numbers to two-way or two-way remote.
- Downgrade two-way numbers to one-way numbers.
- Change an address for a remote number.
9.5 Change Directory Listings
The main site directory listing may be changed or directory listings may be added for other telephone numbers on the Site.
10. Call Recording
Figure 22 - Call Recording Dashboard
This tab accesses the Call Recording Dashboard which provides a snapshot view of current call recording activity and the ability to manage Site recordings. Only visible if Call Recording has been ordered and provisioned on at least one Site.
11. SIP Trunking
Figure 23 - SIP Trunking Tab
SIP Trunking only appears if a SIP Trunking site type has been ordered and provisioned by the Customer. This tab provides the tools for the configuration and management of the provisioned Trunk Groups.
Figure 24 - Hospitality Tab
The Hospitality tab is used to manage Hospitality site types. It will only appear if a Hospitality site has been ordered and provisioned.
Copyright© 2017 BroadSoft, Inc.
All rights reserved.
Any technical documentation that is made available by BroadSoft, Inc. is proprietary and confidential and is considered the copyrighted work of BroadSoft, Inc.
This publication is for distribution under BroadSoft non-disclosure agreement only. No part of this publication may be duplicated without the express written permission of BroadSoft, Inc., 9737 Washingtonian Boulevard, Suite 350, Gaithersburg, MD 20878.
BroadSoft reserves the right to make changes without prior notice.
Any product names mentioned in this document may be trademarks or registered trademarks of BroadSoft or their respective companies and are hereby acknowledged.
This document is printed in the United States of America.