Connecting my Windows 7 PC
Follow the steps below to connect your Windows 7 PC to your broadband.
Connect using WiFi
Wireless gives you the freedom to surf the internet from anywhere in your office, without the restriction of cables and wires.
1. Click on the network icon in the taskbar. This is usually found at the bottom right of your screen.
2. Select your wireless network name from the list.
3. Make sure you've ticked Connect automatically and then click Connect.
4. Now enter your WiFi password and click OK.
Remember: you can find your wireless network name and password on the sticker on the back of your router.
5. You should now be connected to the internet.
Connect with an Ethernet cable
If your computer is next to your router, you may want to set up a wired connection. Connecting with an Ethernet cable can offer a slightly faster and more stable connection.
1. Turn off your computer.
2. Plug one end of the yellow Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port on the side or back of your computer.
3. Plug the other end of the Ethernet cable into any of the yellow ports on the back of your router. You should hear a click as it locks into place.
4. Restart your computer and open your web browser. You should now be connected to the internet.