Privacy policies have existed for some time but GDPR brings a range of new requirements and topics that should be covered in them. It is important that it is kept up-to-date and accurately reflects how you process personal data.
More information about privacy policies
- categories of personal information collected by the website;
- information about cookies used by the site;
- details of how personal information is used;
- identification of the legal bases for processing personal information;
- details of specific situations in which personal information may be disclosed to third parties;
- information about extra-EEA transfers of personal data; and
- information about data retention policies.
There are many online resource designed to help business create a personalised and GDPR compliant policy. We recommend this undertaking be done with careful research and if you have any doubt to contact a legal professional for your business.
Log into your site and click on the Customise button.
Click on the Add New Page option in the side panel.
Select Text from the dropdown.
Then click OK.
Click Save All and reload.
Scroll to bottom of the page and click within a text box (in this footer we already have page links you can add to).
Then click Save All, wait and reload, the text will now be a link to the page you can now add content to.